× Kunena is the ideal forum extension for Joomla. It's free, fully integrated, and no bridges or hacks are required.

MMOEXP : Samurai rule the Elden Ring

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1099 by Ludwighench
No matter if you're a fan or it is, samurai rule the Elden Ring Runes . This is a great class with solid base stats and gear which can last you until the final stages of the game if treated properly and work to level them up. The uchigatana is a particularly great weapon for beginners, but there's a different sword that has an increasing number of fans singing its praises The Moonveil Katana.

The Moonveil looks much like the Rivers of Blood and uchigatana. That is to say it's designed like a katana, traditional Japanese-styled curved blade and all. The process of getting it right isn't easy, though. You have to take on a gigantic salamander that is a sword-wielding, fire-breathing Magma Wyrm in the depths of Gael Tunnel, which lies situated on the border with Limgrave. It's a tough battle. Magma Wyrm's big, and the circular arena isn't big, so maneuvering it can be difficult. The camera may also get stuck to your wall, if not cautious as well. Magma Wyrm can have some attacks that kill you with one hit. It's a fun way to express frustration.

If you are able to stop the powerful Magma Wyrm, you'll earn an eagle heart and also the sought-after Moonveil. Let me say that this sword is cool when it's in use! It's a magical-based katana that comes with large blood loss buildup, and a high damage output that scales in Dexterity, Intelligence and Strength. What makes it so popular is its weapon skills which is called transient Moonlight. Similar to the uchigatana's weapon skills using that left-hand shoulder button sheathes the blade, ready for unleashing a quick strike however, on top of the devastating physical strike, drawing drawing the Moonveil Katana also triggers the blue projectile. This makes your Tarnished the ability to be a melee weapon which can be used in close range.

Transient Moonlight is what makes the Moonveil dangerous. Even after FromSoftware stealthily nerfed it in a recent patch, the katana still quickly builds up the blood loss status effect, hits hard when upgraded, and shoots out a Vergil-from-Devil-May-Cry-style blade wave. In PvE, the weapon skill is a nice way to get a few hits through while keeping distance. When it comes to PvP, the skill can be a godsend. This skill lets you keep the pressure up within close proximity, and lets you interrupt the majority of casting animations when you are at a long distance.

The experience of being on the receiving end is a snare that there's people on both sides of the blade. There are those who love the Moonveil that it has helped them fight multiple bosses and invaders back-to-back. Others consider it to be broken because players use Transient Moonlight too often. There are some who seem to hate the Moonveil so muchthat they have named their Tarnished to convey this hatred to other players. It's a bit extreme.

I get it. The challenge of fighting with a weapon which quickly shoots out a high-damaging projectile can be a bit frustrating in PvP. However, at the same time being a devoted practitioner of katana, I'm getting the Moonveil. It's the type of weapon that inspires the otaku within me and lets me play my fantasy as a Ronin like Rurouni Kenshin, or even best place to buy elden ring items own samurai The Bloody Finger Hunter Yura, instead of a rough stained. I wish my ghost dogs and I could take down that damn Magma Wyrm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.